Friends Helping Friends
Over the years we have been deeply touched by the many schools, and individual children who have participated in or who have organized fundraisers for Miracle For Madison and Friends. In August 1998, our very first fundraiser was a bake sale and car wash in which many students from Dublin and friends in central Ohio organized and participated in. Shortly after that the LaTour kids held their own donut and cider sale at the Dublin soccer fields. Many more fundraisers have been held by special friends of Madison's. Special thanks go out to the students in Student Senate, National Honor Society, Teen Institute and the Jazz Band at Dublin Coffman High School who have helped with Angels at the End Zone and have held several fundraisers over the years including the annual Rose Sale. The last 2 years students at Hilliard Davidson High School have organized their very own dodge ball tournament to raise money for MFM&F. Students at Evening Street Elementary School in Worthington sell lollipops each year. THANK YOU to ALL our FRIENDS!
We would like to highlight some examples of "Friends Helping Friends"
- Allstate Foundation on behalf of Marie DeCapua DePizzo - $500 grant awarded May 2007
- National Honor Society DCHS May 2007 -Annual Rose Sale- $500
- Reading for Research
- Pennies for Miracle for Madison and Friends
- Madison's School Fundraiser
- Wyandot Elementary Third Graders & Dublin Coffman High School Students
Friends Helping Friends in the News
- Senior's thesis to raise funds for charity
- 14-year-old plans fund-raiser for genetic disorder research
- OSU football players team up for Miracle for Madison